Submissions for the Spring 2023 Edition are CLOSED
The Fall 2023 submission cycle will open in August 2023
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Submission categories include (but are not limited to):
- Academic research
- Opinion pieces
- Book reviews
Please be sure submissions fit the guidelines below:
- 1,000-word maximum. If you have a large research paper or narrative, edit it for length or submit an abstract.
- All written work must be submitted as Word .doc files.
- Maximum 4 photos or art pieces in a series, along with a short paragraph statement with your work.
- All artwork/photography must be submitted as .JPEG or .PDF files and must be able to be printed in black and white.
Work you submitted for class may be accepted with instructor permission. Please check all copyright laws before submitting your work to multiple publications and platforms.
Examples of the work we are looking for include:
- An essay on what it’s like to live with a particular illness
- A poem about watching a loved one go through treatment
- A photo series on what it’s like to work in a hospital environment
- A review of a book that depicts a disability
- Artwork that illustrates what it’s like to have a mental illness
Please format any references you cite in Chicago style (in-text citations and references).
The Health Humanities Journal adheres to legal and ethical guidelines that are set forth by the academic and health communities. All submitters must maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in order to create a respectful environment. All submitters must review and adhere to the guidelines set forth in the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The form will ask for:
- Your name
- Title of the piece
- Year of education, if applicable, or other affiliation to educational institution
- Type of piece: Fiction, nonfiction, poem, art, etc.
- Your email
Accepted submissions will appear on this website after editing. They will appear in both print and an online edition of the journal. Art will be printed in black and white in the physical journal and will be published in color in the online edition.